Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Memorable Birthday



Birthdays are very special when we are kids. But as we grow up, it becomes just another day. But sometimes people around us make our birthdays special. This year’s birthday was one of those! My friends made it special for me.

Our group of friends, is a bunch of 15 odd ‘notorious’ guys who are / have been colleagues in NE Technologies, Goa. Some of us may have parted ways with regards to our careers, but we all are still bound by friendship. We make it a point to celebrate our togetherness (at the pretext of birthday treats) by going out for dinner every once in a month or two. Friday, the 20th January 2012 was one of those dinners we had planned. Or that’s what I thought!

After enjoying the dinner at A Lua, Merces amidst a few laughs and ‘leg-pulling’ and then ice-creams at Naturals, this time it was not over! There was a plan to go to the Miramar Beach. I casually asked Saish to which he innocently replied – “It’s not too often that we all meet. So let’s spend some time together!”

Naval and Austin had been working late and as a result couldn’t join us for the party. We had got take-away parcels for them, which they had at the Miramar Beach. But even after that we all were still sitting at the park near the shore, at 11.30 in the night. I had no idea of what was to come.

When it was 11.58 on my watch, there was a sudden hustle and everybody hurried towards me. All I know is, the very next moment, somebody grabbed my left leg and right leg, another held me from behind and the next moment I could see the stars and the dark sky, and I was flying high.

As I was recuperating from this surprise when I landed on the ground, I realized there was something more waiting to surprise! I saw a big birthday cake placed on the bonnet of Saish’s car. Saish placed a big shiny knife in my hand, and everybody started singing the birthday song, as I cut the cake. Everybody then enjoyed the cake, not before smearing some on my face.

The surprise party made my birthday extra special and a memorable one indeed. It was the best birthday I have had for a long time… all thanks to my friends who planned it all so perfectly.

Thanks guys. I am glad I have friends like you all. We Rock!!

4 comments:

  1. Superb writeup.......that reminded me of my surprise bday in august by my bunch of true chowgule friends...(a group of 10 who have been classmates in 11th std at chowgules but still meet up every month over dinners and icecreams get togethers) like youll....It feels great to have set of true friends
    And saish krishna austin naval and all others are truely amazing people every helpful and considerate....and awesome collegues :)

    Priyanka (NE TECH)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really it was a memorable night will take a long time to fade away from my memory lane. it was my first party with this group, I would like to take a opportunity to thanks all for accepting me in this group and laughing at my PJ's & I would also like to thank GURU for taking all the jokes lithely which were creaked at him. (Sri)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harish, It was indeed a wonderful B'day celebration which I have been part of. Mind you, the cake was in my car and I made sure that you don't join me in the car while moving fm Alua to Panjim.
    What made the cake cutting even more special was Shakil, Vibhav, Austin, Naval who inspite of other commitments managed to be present there.
    The enthusiam of Darsham, Shri, Guru anna, Gautam, Rodney, Yogesh made it a memorable event.
    ..And..
    I managed to take home the knife safely :) :)

    \m/ Lets Keep ROCKING!!! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also must add what some people did for vishvesh to save his life was a measure of how true and genuine the friendship was...HATS off to ALL those (naval srikrishna ,saish,anup suprajit pushpaj and many others) whose timely action gave vishvesh a new life.....from the time of accident to the critical moments in GMC.....
    An incident that i can never erase from my memory
    An incident that taught me that life is unpredicatable....


    PRIYANKA KARMALI

    ReplyDelete